Thursday, August 30, 2012

Paperwork & Progress Monitoring

Back to school means assessments!  We always have to check to see how much students regressed over the summer and that means paperwork to keep up with.  With special education there is also progress monitoring during the year and before and after breaks.  I wanted a way to keep up with this as well as my students' goals.  I didn't like the big binder I used as a classrooom teacher and never really found something I liked as an interventionist.  I saw a progress monitoring folder on pinterest and adapted it to me.

I have a chart to monitor reading growth that I use to show students where they are & where they need to get to.  I will also include the actual formal reading assessments in the pocket.

The goal pocket is for the IEP goals so I make sure I am addressing those in my instruction and monitoring.




Most of my students have math goals as well and so I included a pocket for our math assessments (STAR Math & quarterly assessments).  The last pocket is for other district assessments.


To make the folder I took a pocket folder with no brads but three holes and flipped it inside out.  Then I put the three holes into a pocket folder with brads.  I then duct taped the edges of the inside out folder to create one turnable page.

No comments:

Post a Comment